Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Journal 1


I have to say when I first enrolled in ENC 1101 I was absolutely terrified! I had no idea what to expect, as it had been well over 15 years since I had taken a writing class. Luckily for me, my SLS 1103 professor, Ms. Warren, would be teaching an ENC 1101 class the following term. Securing a seat in her class certainly eased my terror as I had an idea of what to expect of the professor, just not the work!

Once class started I realized it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It was kind of like riding a bike, a little wobbly at first but then it all came back! I actually enjoyed that class. It was a great refresher course and it helped that Ms. Warren did an amazing job walking the class through the process.

The biggest challenge for me was expanding my vocabulary while writing. I still have a hard time with this to this day. I just don’t use what I call “big word vocabulary.” I use your basic words to describe things. While the bigger vocabulary words sound great in stories, I prefer to keep it simple in everyday conversation. However, if I were to write more often, I’m sure I would find myself using a bigger vocabulary outside of writing!

I am looking forward to this class and to the challenges it will bring in my writing!

1 comment: